High visibility clothing or hi vis shirts are important for a number of reasons. It helps to make workers more visible to others, which can help prevent accidents. It can help protect workers from harmful chemicals and other substances. And also help workers stay dry in wet conditions.
What is High Visibility Clothing?
There are a number of different types of high visibility clothing available on the market, including hi-vis shirts, vests, pants, and jackets. Hi vis work shirts are by far the most popular type of high-visibility clothing worn in Melbourne. Hi-vis workwear is made from a variety of different materials, including polyester, cotton, and nylon. They come in a variety of different colors, including orange, yellow, green, and red. Hi-vis clothing is required to be worn by workers in a number of industries, including construction, mining, forestry, and oil and gas.
While high-visibility shirts are the most popular type of hi-vis clothing worn in Melbourne, there are a number of other options available as well. Vests are also very popular and are made from the same materials as hi-vis shirts. pants and jackets are also available but are not as commonly worn as hi-vis shirts and vests.
Factors to Consider While Buying Hi Vis Shirts
- One of the most important factors to consider while buying hi-vis shirts is skin care. Hi-vis shirts are made from a variety of different materials, and some of these materials can cause skin irritation. If you have sensitive skin, it is important to choose a high-visibility shirt made from a material that will not cause irritation.
- Comfortable is another important factor to consider. It should be loose-fitting and comfortable to wear. If a hi vis work shirt is too tight, it will be uncomfortable to wear and may actually cause skin irritation. It is also important to choose a hi-vis shirt that is the right size.
- It is important to choose a work shirt that is bright enough to be seen during the day and at night. It shirts should also be made from reflective materials so that they can be seen more easily when headlights shine on them.
- If you need a flame-resistant (FR) design then make sure the shirt is AS/NZS 4602.2:2011 compliant as well. This standard is for High-Visibility Safety Garments intended to provide flame-resistant protection in designated work areas where there is a potential for exposure to flames or radiant heat.
- The shirt should also provide protection from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. Hi-vis shirts with a UPF rating of 50+ provide the best protection from the sun’s UV rays.
- Short sleeves or long sleeves are a matter of personal preference. Some workers prefer to wear short-sleeved cotton work shirts because they are cooler and more comfortable in warm weather. Others prefer to wear long-sleeved work shirts because they provide more protection from the sun’s UV rays and from scratches and scrapes.
The shirt should be AS/NZS 4602:1:2011 compliant
This standard is the Australian and New Zealand Standard for High-Visibility Safety Garments. AS/NZS 4602:1:2011 specifies the design, performance requirements, and methods of testing for the visual effect of new high-visibility safety garments worn by people working in situations where their personal safety may be at risk from moving plants and vehicles.
High Visibility Standards Top Cotton Work Shirts Online
The Bio Motion Tape HI Vis Shirt with Safety AS/NZS 4602:1:2011 Standard is a high-visibility garment that complies with the Australian and New Zealand Standard. It is made of 100% cotton drill and is twin-needle stitched for durability. The shirt also has CSR 1325 reflective tape for a domestic wash.
- Long Sleeves Shirt
- Design: X Pattern
- Fabric: 100% Cotton
- Night Use Only
- CSR Reflective Tape
- Easy Wash
Day / Night Use Hi Vis Shirt With Reflective tape & Two Front Pockets
Looking for a Hi Vis shirt that you can wear both during the day and at night? Look no further than our Day / Night Use Hi Vis Shirt With Reflective tape. This shirt is made from a 100% cotton drill and features twin needle stitching with reinforced stress points for durability. The left chest pocket has a pen divide for convenience, and the shirt also has two front pockets with button-down flaps. For added safety, the shirt is equipped with CSR 1325 Reflective tape that glows in the dark, making it ideal for nighttime use. So whether you’re working during the day or night, our Day / Night Use Hi Vis Shirt With Reflective tape has you covered.
- Day/Night Use
- Safety Standard: AS/NZS 4602.1:2011
- CSR 1325 Reflective tape
- Fabric: 100% cotton drill Plus twin needle stitching
- Design: two front pockets
Check it out: Importance of Wearing Fireproof Clothing on the Job Site
Hi Vis Long Sleeve Cotton Drill Shirt With Reflective Tape
Looking for a reliable and comfortable shirt that will keep you visible during the day and night? Look no further than our Hi Vis Long Sleeve Cotton Drill Shirt With Reflective Tape. Made from 100 % cotton drill, this shirt is not only comfortable to wear but durable too. The reflective tape ensures that you’ll stay visible in low light conditions, making it ideal for both day and night use. Plus, the two front pockets provide a convenient place to store your essential items. Whether you’re on the job or out on a walk, this shirt has you covered.
- 3m tape wash
- Reflective Tape
- Fabric: 100% cotton drill & comfortable
- two front pocket
- Day/Night use
Ladies HI Vis Two Tone Cotton Work Shirt
The Ladies HI Vis Two-Tone Cotton Work Shirt is a stylish and practical addition to any woman’s work wardrobe. Made from 100% cotton drill, this shirt is both comfortable and durable. It features long sleeves, vented underarms and back yoke, and twin needle stitching for added strength and durability. This shirt is Day Use Only and meets the Safety Standard AS/NZS 4602.1:2011.
- Brand: WorkCraft
- HI VIS Standard: AS/NZS 4602.1:2011:
- Fabric: 100% Cotton Drill 155 gsm with Durability
- Day Use Only
- Vented underarms
Looking for a tough and durable shirt that can stand up to the toughest industrial laundry conditions? Look no further than our Industrial Laundry Tape Hi Vis Cotton Work Shirt! This shirt is built to last with reinforced stress points and twin needle stitching and features two front pockets with button-down flaps, a left chest pocket with a pen divide, and long sleeves. Plus, the bright orange hue ensures you’ll be visible in even the most cavernous laundry facilities. Order your Industrial Laundry Tape Hi Vis Cotton Work Shirt today!
- Industrial Laundry Tape
- Design: button-down flaps & two front pockets
- Long sleeves
- Comfortable, Tough & Durable
- UPF rating 50
Here at Workarmour, we are proud to stock some of the most popular hi-vis work shirts in Melbourne. Our range includes a variety of high-visibility clothing and other workwear including chef jackets, work boots, or protective items that meet all safety standards. We understand that it can be difficult to know which factors to consider while buying high-visibility shirts, so our team is here to help. If you have any questions about our products or need advice on choosing the right high-visibility shirt for your needs, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. At Workarmour, we want to make sure you have everything you need to stay safe and look professional while working. Thanks for reading!