Troughs are long, narrow vessels designed to hold liquids or loose matter like grains. In a commercial context, stainless steel troughs are often used in industries such as food service, agriculture, and manufacturing due to their durability, longevity, and ease of cleaning. These troughs come in a variety of sizes and styles to accommodate different business needs, offering a robust solution for efficient operations. Here is an ultimate guide to help you understand the various aspects of commercial stainless steel troughs.
Stainless Steel Industrial Troughs
Industrial troughs made from stainless steel are highly prized for their superior qualities that promote efficiency and safety in an industrial setting. Characterized by their robust construction and unparalleled resistance to corrosion, these troughs are designed to handle demanding conditions, including extreme temperatures and heavy-duty usage. They are often employed in industries such as construction, mining, and chemical processing, where they are used for tasks like aggregate separation, waste management, and chemical mixing, respectively. Their sleek, non-porous surface not only assures easy cleaning and maintenance but also prevents the build-up of bacteria or other harmful microorganisms, making them a hygienic option. Various design options are available, from shallow, wide troughs for easy accessibility to deep, narrow ones for holding larger volumes, catering to a wide range of industrial requirements.
AS1428 Compliant Troughs
Stainless Express offers a range of stainless steel troughs that are compliant with AS1428, the Design for Access and Mobility set out by the Australian Standards. This certification ensures that the troughs are designed and constructed with accessibility as a key consideration, making them suitable for a diverse set of users, including those with mobility challenges. These AS1428 compliant troughs maintain the same durability, longevity, and ease of cleaning as other Stainless Express products but come with additional features such as adjustable heights, lever-controlled faucets, and easy-access drainage systems. Whether used in a commercial kitchen, healthcare facility, or an industrial setting, these troughs adhere to the highest standards of inclusivity and functionality, providing a safe and accessible utility for all.
Types of Stainless Steel Troughs
There are different types of stainless steel troughs available, each designed for a specific purpose. Some common types include:
- Standard Troughs: These are the most basic and commonly used troughs in commercial settings. They have a rectangular shape with sloping sides and come in various sizes to meet different volume requirements.
- Open Troughs: These are basic, open-top troughs that are ideal for storing and transporting loose materials such as grains or liquids. They are versatile and can be used in a variety of industrial settings. The open design allows for easy access and cleaning.
- Lidded Troughs: These troughs come with a lid, offering protection against contamination and spillage. They are perfect for industries that need to store sensitive materials, such as food processing or pharmaceuticals.
- Insulated Troughs: Insulated troughs are designed to maintain the temperature of the contents. These are used in the food service industry to keep food items hot or cold during transportation.
- Double-walled Troughs: Double-walled troughs have a gap between the inner and outer wall, providing extra insulation. They are often used in chemical and pharmaceutical industries where temperature stability is crucial for certain substances.
- Mounted Troughs: These are troughs that can be mounted on walls or other structures. They’re commonly used in agriculture, especially in livestock feeding, where raised troughs prevent food from being trampled.
- Mobile Troughs: Equipped with wheels, these troughs offer increased mobility and are ideal for situations requiring frequent movement, such as in large kitchens or hospitals.
- Trough Sinks: These are troughs with a drain and are typically found in commercial kitchens and industrial washrooms. They come in a range of sizes, accommodating multiple users and helping to increase efficiency.
Shapes of Stainless Steel Troughs for Commercial Spaces
The shape of a stainless steel trough plays a crucial role in its functionality, and there are several shapes available to suit specific commercial needs:
- Rectangular Troughs: The most common shape, rectangular troughs offer large storage capacity and are easy to clean due to their straight edges. They are ideal for many industries, including food service and manufacturing.
- Round Troughs: Round troughs, or cylindrical troughs, are effective for storing and mixing of liquids. They are often used in the beverage and chemical industries, where thorough mixing and easy draining are essential.
- Square Troughs: Square troughs provide a compact solution for places with space limitations. They offer a reasonable storage capacity and are popularly used in small commercial kitchens and laundries.
- Oval Troughs: Oval troughs combine the benefits of rectangular and round troughs. Their rounded edges facilitate efficient mixing and cleaning, while their elongated design provides ample storage capacity. These are widely used in agriculture and food processing industries.
- Custom-shaped Troughs: In some cases, businesses may require custom-shaped troughs to fit into specific spaces or meet unique requirements. Many manufacturers offer custom solutions to cater to these needs, providing options like L-shaped or U-shaped troughs.
Applications of Handwash and Drinking Troughs
Handwash and drinking troughs, specifically made from stainless steel, find applications in numerous settings due to their durability, hygiene, and convenience. Some common applications include:
- Public Areas: Handwash troughs are commonly found in public places like shopping malls, airports, and train stations. They offer a convenient way for people to wash their hands after using the facilities or before consuming food from an eatery. Areas such as Parks, stadiums, malls, and other public spaces use these troughs for convenience and to meet public health regulations.
- Outdoor Spaces: Drinking troughs are often placed in parks, hiking trails, and other outdoor areas for hikers and pets to hydrate. Their stainless steel construction makes them resistant to outdoor elements like rain and UV rays.
- Livestock Farming: Handwash troughs are also used in livestock farming, where workers can quickly clean their hands before handling animals or equipment. Drinking troughs provide a continuous supply of clean water for the animals, promoting their health and productivity.
- Hospitals and Medical Facilities: Both handwash and drinking troughs are essential in healthcare settings, where strict hygiene is crucial. Stainless steel troughs are easy to sanitize, making them a reliable option for use in hospitals and medical facilities.
- Educational Institutions: Schools, colleges, and universities use these troughs in common areas, cafeterias, and restrooms. Here, multiple students can utilize them at once, promoting hygiene and decreasing time spent in queues.
- Healthcare Facilities: Within hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings, handwash troughs are essential for maintaining stringent hygiene standards. They are typically installed in patient rooms, surgical areas, and restrooms.
- Restaurant and Food Service Industry: In the food service industry, handwash troughs are a must in all cooking areas to ensure food handlers maintain good hygiene. Drinking troughs are often provided in dining areas for customers, particularly in fast-food establishments and cafeterias.
- Public Spaces:
- Workplaces: Offices and factories install handwash and drinking troughs in restrooms, canteens, and common areas for employee use.
- Agriculture and Livestock: Drinking troughs are used on farms and ranches for providing clean water to livestock. Some farms also use handwash troughs in processing areas to ensure hygiene standards.
Remember, selecting the right type of trough for each application is crucial. Consider factors such as the number of users, the available space, and specific hygiene requirements before making a choice.
Choosing the Right Stainless Steel Trough
When it comes to selecting a stainless steel trough for commercial use, there are several factors to consider. These include:
- Material Grade: Stainless steel troughs come in different grades, each offering varying levels of corrosion resistance and durability. For commercial use, it is best to opt for higher-grade stainless steel that can withstand harsh industrial environments. However, different grades of stainless steel offer varying levels of strength and protection against corrosion.
- Size and Shape: As discussed earlier, there are various sizes and shapes available to suit different needs. Consider the volume requirements and space limitations of your commercial setting to determine the best size and shape for your trough.
- Intended Use: The type of materials or substances that will be stored in the trough is an essential factor to consider. For instance, if you are dealing with corrosive chemicals, it is crucial to select a trough made from corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
- Mobility: Depending on the nature of your business, you may need a stationary or mobile trough. Consider the benefits and limitations of each to determine which one is most suitable for your requirements.
- Maintenance: Stainless steel troughs are known for their low maintenance needs, but it’s still essential to consider factors like cleaning ease and frequency. For industries dealing with sensitive materials, lidded or insulated troughs may be a better choice to prevent contamination.
- Cost: Finally, the cost of the trough should also be taken into account. While stainless steel troughs may have a higher upfront cost, they offer long-term benefits such as durability and low maintenance, making them a worthwhile investment for businesses in need of reliable storage solutions. Overall, it is essential to carefully assess your business needs and choose a stainless steel trough that offers the best value for money in the long run.
Stainless steel troughs are an integral part of many commercial settings, offering secure and efficient storage solutions for various materials. With different types, shapes, and sizes available, there is a suitable option for every application. By considering factors like material grade, size and shape, intended use, mobility, maintenance needs, and cost, businesses can choose the right stainless steel trough for their specific requirements. Whether it’s for handwashing or providing clean water to livestock, these troughs offer durability, hygiene, and convenience in various settings. So next time you come across a stainless steel trough, remember its versatility and importance in maintaining a clean and healthy environment. So next time you come across a stainless steel trough, remember its versatility and importance in maintaining a clean and healthy environment.